Sales and Travel Assistant
Part Time, March 2017 onwards
We currently have a position open as a Sales and Travel Assistant for our bike tours.
Cycling Country SL is based in Southern Spain and offers quality guided and self guided bike tours through Spain, Portugal & France. We enjoy, after 11 years in the cycle touring travel industry, a great rapport with our past guests and are excited about expanding with future tours and meeting new cyclists along the way.
What We Are After
- Do you enjoy attacking a mountain of emails, getting satisfaction dealing with queries from all over the world about everything from where to see the best flamenco show to how to get to Lisbon?
- Do you feel the thrill of making a sale and walking people through the steps from receiving their first email or telephone call to finally asking how they enjoyed their tour in Andalucia?
- Do you like to have a smooth sailing ship, helping us hum along perfectly with making hotel bookings, ensuring bags are moved, answering queries and updating the tour schedules, creating tour & info sheets and records?
- Numbers don´t phase you and you enjoy working out client invoices and expenses (we promise no tan / cosine equations!).
- Do you enjoy creating and expanding new parts of the job, giving ideas and making things happen?
The Hard Facts & Skills Required
- Travel Industry, Sales and Admin Experience
- Microsoft Office (Excel / Word / Outlook)
- Photoshop, Google Docs and Gmail
- Superb and Flawless English
- Intermediate to Good Spanish Written / Spoken
- Positive, Proactive and Fun Personality
You Are Great At
- Being friendly and personable in emails in English and Spanish.
- You enjoy people, their lives and their many questions about travelling. You get a kick out of finding the answers for them and seeing how we can help them develop that trip of a lifetime or just even a weekend away.
- You can manage to do and keep straight 10 things at the same time and never lose sight of each customer´s needs & wants.
- Really believe and live by the motto, “oh that´s good enough” is never good enough.
- Embrace change and can roll with the punches and know that you only happy when you strive to improve things.
- Other people can´t believe it, but you actually like itsybitsy details – it's all about correctly getting 7 people in a hotel in Seville on July 5th rather than accidently booking 5 people in Salamanca on the 7th of July.
- Don´t fret under pressure but are cool as a cucumber when things don´t go as planned, which in cycle touring.....can happen ;-)
Hours - part time Monday to Friday – 4 hours per day (options to extend as workload increases)
Location - Granada Province, Andalucia, Spain or possibility of working remotely from home for the suitable, nearby candidate
Dates - starting from March 2017 onwards with possibility to extend permanently
Let us be impressed by you and your history of working with people, data and sales and email us your resume with expected rates (email with subject title: "Sales and Travel Assistant Job"). We hope to be able to welcome you to the team!