Gear & Bikes
I loved the new Trek Madone. It's stiffness was perfect for all the climbs. I think my next bike will be a Trek. Thank you for letting me use it.
P.Greig - 2013
Cycling Country only uses top quality bicycles for your cycling pleasure. We have a range of hybrid and road bicycles (all less than two years old) and all selected for their handling, reliability and ease of use on paved roads. Of course, you are free to bring your own bike, but if you do wish to use one of ours, please notify us of your height when booking.
Now we know that Eddy Merckx was reputed of saying, “Don´t ride upgrades, Ride Up Grades”, how could we not be proud in being able to offer our guests, the Carbon TREK Madone. Available on tours, guided or self guided as well as bike hire, we are happy to let you try them out and prove the great man wrong.
We only use quality products:
Here is a super performance bike, designed to power along the the roads here and boy, those gears do help you out on these hills! The frame is stiff but perfect for longer day rides due to a balanced geometry, allowing you to enjoy a smooth and fast ride. Our fleet is the TREK Madone 3.1 series.
- Light weight Carbon frame
- Shimano 105 / FSA components
- Compact chainset (50/34)
- 10 speed (12/30 cassette)
A very nice ride, these bikes from the very famous ORBEA firm in the mountainous Basque country and are built for the hills. Our fleet is the classic Orbea Aqua T105 Series and has the following specifications:
- Light weight mix of carbon forks/seat post and alu tubing
- Shimano 105 and Ultegra components
- Triple chainset (50/39/30)
- 10 speed (11-25 cassette)
Some of our guests like this bike so much after their tour, they go home and buy it, so comfortable are doing the miles on it. We use the TREK hybrid 7.3 FX Series and 7.4 FX carbon fork Series. They are ideal for all road surfaces and light to ride, making them perfect for cycle touring.
- Light weight alumunium tubing (7.4 with carbon forks)
- Flat handlebars - fitted with a bag for your daily ride essentials
- Road wheels and tyres (700 x 32)
- Shimano transmission
- 24-27 speeds with a wide ranging gear ratio (to get you up and down those hills at your own speed)
- Kevlar belted tyres to limit those annoying punctures
For those who wish a little extra power, try our comfy Californian Model E-bike to get you over any hill. These power assisted bikes take the strain, making them ideal for people who don´t cycle often or need an added push. With a Lithium battery power pack, these bikes allow anybody to experience the thrill of a bike tour.
- Waterbottle (new and yours to keep)
- Front handlebar bag to carry your day items with map pouch (please note, a small seat post bag is fitted to the road bikes instead)
- Puncture repair and basic toolkit (on Guided tours we take care of that!)
- Toe clips and straps (if requested)
- We will also fit your favourite pedals or saddle if requested
- Please note we only carry a minimum variety of clip in pedals so please plan to bring your own.